- Scope: Website design and development
- Client: Workout Express
- Technologies used: Wordpress CMS
- Year: 2013
Workout Express is a new business venture that deals with fitness and body workout. They use the latest fitness technology in town i.e. Power Plate. Power Plate technology is relatively new in Kenya and there are one or two fitness centers that offer this fitness machine.
Because the workout express gym is new,they needed a website to create awareness of the product. The website is to act as a marketing tool to reach potential clients.
The website needed to have Power Plate very visible on the website and also have detailed explanation of the product. The website featured the following:
- ‘Clean’ website design thats easy on the eye
- Responsive design that is visible on devices such as tablets and phones
- Front page sliders that display the product and the work out studio
- Downloads module that holds documents related to workout express
- Photo gallery to display various images associated with the studio
- A blog for posting fitness articles
- Contact form for submission of enquiries from clients
- Integration to social media feeds to boost SMO(Social media Optimization)
Tools and methodologies used
The website runs on wordpress CMS which is a popular agile CMS that supports blogging. We chose wordpress over other CMS’s because of the following:
- It already has a blogging capability which the client had already requested
- Supports use of plug-in which simplifies implementation e.g. the social media buttons used in the website is a wordpress plug in
- Theme development and installation is much easier
- The backend is user friendly and even a novice can manage the content
- Wordpress CMS has many features that makes managing of a website easy
- It takes less time to set up a website project
The website was set up fast and delivered within the client timelines and above all the client loved the work done.