- Scope: Design and development of Ronalds and Associates website
- Client: Roland and Associates
- Technologies used: Wordpress, Foundation framework
- Year: 2012
Ronald Associates is an upcoming audit firm based in Nairobi. They needed a website to create awareness of their existence and also to use it as a feedback tool from their clients. They wanted a simple website that could display the service offerings and a portfolio of clients they have worked for.
- Full responsive website viewable in Large screens, tablets and phones
- Contact form for enquires
- Clean design that is easy on the eye
- Well arranged content and color scheme
- Good of the colors scheme
- Simplicity of the website
Technologies and frameworks
1. Foundation framework
This website is unique because it uses foundation for HTML and CSS development. Foundation framework was chose for its agility and responsiveness. Besides that it saves a lot of time that should have been spent writing HTML and CSS code from scratch.
Foundation framework also integrates with any CMS and uses latest technologies of CSS3 and HTML5.
2. WordPress CMS
We chose wordpress for this project because of its robustness and flexibility in the following ways:
- It already has a blogging capability hence all we needed is to start posting
- Theme development and installation is much easier – We developed a custom wordpress theme for this client based on foundation framework and integrated seamlessly with wordpress
- The backend is user friendly and even a novice can manage the content J
- Wordpress CMS has many features that makes managing of a website easy
- It takes less time to set up a website project
- The client had a positive responsive of the website in terms of simplicity and easy update of content.
- As developers we found wordpress as an agile CMS that has no handbrake for both the developer and designer!